STRATEGY OF SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT. DESIGN OF SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT IN DIVERSE URBAN AND SUB-URBAN AREAS.
notus-asr has taken part in the design of strategies of sustainable urban development in diverse urban and sub-urban areas: Mislata, Vinaròs – Benicarló, Castellón, Aldaia, Horta Nord, Paiporta – Picanya- Benetússer or Quart de Poblet. The design of the strategy is carried out through participatory processes that include the following phases:
- Identification of the challenges and problems of the area in order to achieve smart, sustainable and innovative development.
- Holistic analysis of the situation and tendencies of the area with respect to these challenges. Analysis of the environmental, energetic, social, economic demographic, labour market, infrastructures, communication, articulation of the area, penetration of ICT and the framework of competence. Development of a SWOT analysis.
- Identification of the strategic priorities of the territory.
- Implementation of a participatory process targeted at the general population as well as the social and economic actors of the area.
- Development of an action plan with detailed information of the actions to be developed in order to fulfil the identified priorities. Programming actions and identifying needs and sources of funding. Developing a system of governance, monitoring and evaluation of the strategy.
notus-asr collaborates in the design with other bodies and assumes the tasks in the areas of employment, business and economic activity.