NOTUS HAS COLLABORATED WITH THE NATIONAL AGENCY FOR QUALITY ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION (ANECA) IN THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FIRST TRAINING COURSE ON GENDER EQUALITY AND EVALUATION OF THIS ENTITY.
The course was inaugurated by Mercedes Siles Molina, Director of ANECA, and Clelia Martínez Maza, Director of ANECA’s Teacher Evaluation Division, who presented ANECA’s commitment to gender equality in evaluation.
The course was addressed to the Chairs and Secretariats of all ANECA’s evaluation committees and commissions and was organised in three workshops:
- The gender dimension in knowledge, innovation and technological development (28 September 2022).
- Gender stereotypes in the evaluation process (29 November 2022)
- Clarity and transparency in the evaluation process (13 December 2022).
The workshops were organised through the Aula ANECA, combining lectures, pre-reading of materials, discussion in knowledge areas and plenary debates.
A large number of experts participated in the course as speakers:
- Amelia Valcárcel y Bernaldo de Quirós, Emeritus Professor of Moral and Political Philosophy, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Elective Councillor of the Council of State.
- Capitolina Díaz, Full Professor of Sociology, University of Valencia, first director of the Women and Science Unit (2006-2008)
- Elisabet Mas de les Valls, Adjunct lecturer, Department of Machines and Thermal Engines, Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- Inés Sánchez de Madariaga, Associate Professor, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, School of Architecture, Polytechnic University of Madrid
- Irene Epifanio López, Full Professor of Statistics and Operations Research, Jaume I University, Madrid
- María Bustelo, Professor of Political Science, Complutense University of Madrid
- María Concepción Torres Díaz, Practising Lawyer and Adjunct Lecturer in Constitutional Law, University of Alicante
- María Encina Calvo Iglesias, Associate Professor, Department of Applied Physics, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- María Teresa Ruiz Cantero, Full Professor of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Alicante
- Marina Subirats Martori, Emeritus Professor of Sociology, Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Mónica Moreno Seco, Associate Proffesor, Department of Contemporary Humanities, University of Alicante
- Sandra Saura Mas, CREAF Researcher and Senior Lecturer, Department of Animal Biology, Plant Biology and Ecology, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
On behalf of Notus, Maria Caprile was responsible for collaborating with ANECA in the design of the course and coordinating the team of moderators: Juan Arasanz, Rachel Palmén, Pablo Sanz, Joan Antoni Serra (Notus), Lidia Arroyo (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya) and Margarita Torre (Universidad Carlos III).